• What you need to get started
• Accepting payments via Wild Apricot Payments
• Frequently asked questions
Using Wild Apricot's admin app and a Wild Apricot Payments account, you can accept credit card payments from your iOS device and record those payments in your Wild Apricot account.
Accepting payments using Wild Apricot Payments is not currently available from the Android version of the admin app.
What you need to get started
- a Wild Apricot account
- a Wild Apricot Payments/AffiniPay account set up to work with your Wild Apricot account
- the Wild Apricot admin app on iOS
Accepting payments via Wild Apricot Payments
Once you've set up a Wild Apricot Payments/AffiniPay account to work with your Wild Apricot site, you can accept credit card payments from your Wild Apricot admin app.
To accept payments via Wild Apricot Payments from the Wild Apricot admin app, follow these steps:
- Check in an event registrant with payment, or tap the Pay button from a contact's Finances tab. The Record payment screen will appear.
- Tap the Online payment tab.
- Tap the Use WA Payments button.
If the Use WA Payments button appears grayed out, that means you haven't entered an amount, or you don't have a Wild Apricot Payments account set up to work with your Wild Apricot site.
- The Cardholder info screen appears with fields prefilled with data from your Wild Apricot database. Complete the remaining fields then tap Charge to continue.
- On the next screen, you enter the credit card details. The first time you display this screen, you'll be asked to allow the app to access your microphone, which is used by AffiniPay's card reader. If you're using AffiniPay's card reader, tap OK to allow access then use the card reader to insert or swipe the card.
Note: The AffiniPay card reader is on back order while a Bluetooth version is being developed.
If you're not using AffiniPay's card reader, you don't have to allow access. Without a card reader, you manually enter the credit card number, expiry date, and CVV/CVC security code.
- After you've swiped or inserted the card, or entered the credit card information, tap the Next button to make the payment.
If there are any issues that prevent the payment from being processed, an error message will appear and you'll be returned to the Cardholder info screen.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use Wild Apricot Payments with my Wild Apricot admin app on Android?
No. Currently, you can only use it with the iOS version of the Wild Apricot admin app.
What do our members/registrants need to do to make a payment?
They only give you their credit card or card details. The payment requires no additional actions from the cardholder.
How do I prefill the cardholder info fields with data from my Wild Apricot database?
You need to create common fields or membership fields with the same name as the fields you want to prefill. For example, if you have a field called Address in your Wild Apricot database, it will be used to prefill the Address field on the Cardholder info screen. The fields that appear on the Cardholder info screen are: Email, Phone, Reference, Address, Address Line 2, Country, State (or Province), City, Postal code (or Zip code).
Does this work with the AffiniPay card reader? Where can I get it?
Yes, you can use the AffiniPay card reader to accepting mobile payments using Wild Apricot Payments.
The AffiniPay card reader is on back order while a Bluetooth version is being developed.