The themes in the new Dark Impact theme set are fully responsive and mobile friendly.
This theme has been deprecated, meaning that we are no longer supporting it or making it available when switching themes.
The Dark Impact theme set provides an excellent starting point for designers and others who want to completely customize their website. Available in a variety of dark colors and designs, these themes are fully responsive and mobile friendly.
Themes within the theme set
The Dark Impact theme set consists of the following website themes:
By default, responsiveness is enabled in all Dark Impact themes (excluding the deprecated Dark Impact themes). You can, however, disable the responsive behavior using theme overrides.
With responsiveness enabled, gadgets will be stacked within a single column on mobile devices, and resized to match the device's screen width. A mobile version of the site menu will be displayed, with a limit of 3 levels in total (main menu plus 2 submenu levels). Only horizontal menus are available for responsive themes.
To disable responsive behavior within Dark Impact themes, follow these steps:
- Enable theme overrides (if you have not done so already).
- Click the link to download the theme files.
- Unzip the theme files to a location of your choice on your computer or network.
- Using a text editor, open the basic.responsive.grid.less file from the Styles folder.
- Replace the following lines...
@state2-minwidth: 600px; @state2-maxwidth: 959px; @state3-maxwidth: 616px;
@state2-minwidth: 0px; @state2-maxwidth: 0px; @state3-maxwidth: 0px;
- Upload the modified basic.responsive.grid.less file to the Styles theme folder on your site from the Files screen or using WebDAV.
- Click the Rebuild theme button on the Theme overrides screen.
The site will now appear the same regardless of device size.
Dark Impact, together with the Clean Lines and White Space themes, forms part of a suite of simple themes that are flexible and easy to customize.
All of the simple theme sets provide a clear and modern look, with a single screen-wide background image that gives each site its signature look. The focus of the Dark Impact set is on providing inverted designs that combine dark backgrounds with bright typography.
The typography of the theme is classic, with Tahoma and Georgia fonts used across all theme variations.
Dark Impact themes provide theme-specific functionality, including:
- Alignment options for social profile and log in button gadgets
- Orientation option – horizontal and vertical – for log in form gadgets
- Font Awesome iconic font set for adding icons you can easily size and color
- Background color setting for functional buttons appearing on system gadgets and singular gadgets – e.g. Post, Next, Cancel, Register, Confirm
Customizing Dark Impact themes
From the Colors and styles screen, you can customize the colors, fonts, styles, and backgrounds of various elements that appear throughout your site.
You can also customize Dark Impact themes using CSS and theme overrides.