Wild Apricot offers its own online store, with transactions recorded in your Wild Apricot database and viewable from your Finances module. You can, however, add a 3rd party store to your Wild Apricot site from providers such as Ecwid or Shopify.
Purchases made using 3rd online stores will not be recorded in your Wild Apricot database.
You can embed a product or collection from your Shopify store onto a page in your Wild Apricot site.
Shopify charges a monthly fee and a per transaction fee, and provides a 14-day free trial.
To embed a Shopify product or collection, follow these steps:
- Log into your Shopify account.
- Go to Shopify's App store and get the free Buy Button app.
- Within your Buy Button settings, choose the product or collection you want to sell on your Wild Apricot site then click the Select product or Select collection button.
- Adjust the settings that control how your product or collection appears on your Wild Apricot page.
- Click the Generate embed code button.
- Click the Copy embed code to clipboard button.
- Begin editing the page where you want the product or collection to appear.
- Add a custom HTML gadget where you want the product or collection to appear on your page.
- After you have inserted the gadget, hover over it and click the Settings icon.
- Within the gadget settings on the left, click the Edit code button.
- In the window that appears, paste the embed code you copied then click the Save button.
- Click the Save button to save the changes to your page.
Your product or collection will now appear on your Wild Apricot page.
Ecwid provides support for a free online store than can sell up to 10 different products. If you want to sell more products – or take advantage of premium features such as discount coupons, volume discounts, and multi-tier pricing – you can upgrade to a paid account. Ecwid does not charge setup fees or transaction fees.
Instructions for third-party services like this are provided as a courtesy and may contain out of date information or screen clips. For the latest instructions, consult the third party's website.
To add a Ecwid store to your Wild Apricot site, follow these steps:
- Log into your Wild Apricot account.
- Open the Website module and create or start editing the site page where you want the store to appear.
- Click Gadgets in the top left corner:
- Drag the Custom HTML gadget and drop it where you want it to appear on your page.
- After you have added the gadget to the page, hover over it and click Settings.
- Within the gadget settings on the left, click Edit code.
- In a new browser tab open your Ecwid control panel → All Sales Channels → All Sales Channels → Custom Website page and grab your Ecwid integration code by clicking on the Copy Code to Clipboard button.
- Return to Wild Apricot and paste the copied Ecwid code into the Custom HTML gadget you just added to the page.
- Click Save within the Edit HTML dialog, then click Save to save changes to the page.
- To check the result, click Public View in the top right corner of admin view.