Depending on which online payment system you are using, administrators can process credit card payments from admin view in Wild Apricot. For example, a member might call you with their credit card details and asks you to renew his or her membership.
Processing of credit card payments by administrators is not supported for PayPal Standard or PayPal Checkout. To view instructions on a workaround for unsupported payment systems, click here.
Using a supported payment system
Processing of credit card payments by administrators is supported for the following payment systems: Authorize.Net, Stripe Connect, Wild Apricot Payments, PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Payflow Pro, and PayPal Payments Pro.
Administrators can only process credit card payments related to a specific invoice. Payments cannot be charged to an individual's account, only to an invoice.
Administrators can process both one-time and recurring payments. Recurring payments will be set up in the member's payment system profile, and Wild Apricot's audit log will display a corresponding entry. For example, setting up a recurring Authorize.Net payment would be recorded in the log as Authorize.net customer profile for recurring payment created. Profile ID= ******.
To process a payment related to an invoice, you first have to find the invoice with a balance due. To search for unpaid invoices, click the List option under the Contacts menu and select Attention required from the Filter drop-down.
To open the unpaid invoice, click the Record payment button.
On the screen that appears, click the Charge credit card button.
If the Charge credit card button is missing or grayed out, it is because we do not support processing credit card payments by administrators for your online payment system.
On the next screen, enter the member's credit card details and click the Pay button. A confirmation message will appear after the payment has been successfully processed.
Using an unsupported payment system
For accounts that are using PayPal Standard or PayPal Checkout, the following workaround allows an administrator to apply a credit card payment against an open invoice on behalf of a member.
- Within the Finances menu, select the Invoices option.
- Within the invoices list, open the invoice to be paid.
- From the invoice details, click the Preview & print button.
- From the invoice preview, right click over the View invoice online link and select the Open link in Incognito window option (on Chrome) or the Open Link in New Private Window option (on Firefox) or a similar option on other browsers.
- On the invoice that appears, click the Pay online button.
- On the payment screen that appears, enter the member's credit card details and click the Pay button (or another similarly named button, depending on your payment system.) A confirmation message should appear after the payment has been successfully processed.