If you're using Authorize.Net, Stripe Connect, or Wild Apricot Payments as your payment system, administrators can process credit card payments for a contact from their contact profile. For example, a member might call you with their credit card details and asks you to renew his or her membership.
If you're using PayPal Checkout, you can use the workaround described here.
Using payment systems other than PayPal Checkout
If you're using Authorize.Net, Stripe Connect, or Wild Apricot Payments as your payment system, you can process a credit card payment related to a specific invoice. Payments cannot be charged to an individual's account, only to an invoice.
Administrators can process both one-time and recurring payments. Recurring payments will be set up in the member's payment system profile, and Wild Apricot's audit log will display a corresponding entry.
To process a payment related to an invoice, you first have to find the invoice with a balance due. To search for unpaid invoices, click the List option under the Contacts menu and select Attention required from the Filter drop-down.
To open the unpaid invoice, click the Record payment button.
On the screen that appears, click the Charge credit card button.
If the Charge credit card button is missing or grayed out, it is because we do not support processing credit card payments by administrators for your online payment system.
On the next screen, enter the member's credit card details and click the Pay button. A confirmation message will appear after the payment has been successfully processed.
Using PayPal Checkout
For accounts that are using PayPal Checkout, the following workaround allows an administrator to apply a credit card payment against an open invoice on behalf of a member.
- Within the Finances menu, select the Invoices option.
- Within the invoices list, open the invoice to be paid.
- From the invoice details, click the Preview & print button.
- From the invoice preview, right click over the View invoice online link and select the Open link in Incognito window option (on Chrome) or the Open Link in New Private Window option (on Firefox) or a similar option on other browsers.
- On the invoice that appears, click the Pay online button.
- On the payment screen that appears, enter the member's credit card details and click the Pay button (or another similarly named button, depending on your payment system.) A confirmation message should appear after the payment has been successfully processed.