Once you've set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments using PayPal, payments for event registrations, membership fees, and donations are handled automatically by Wild Apricot. If you want visitors to be able to make direct payments to your PayPal account for other items, you can add PayPal buttons to pages on your site. You might want use these buttons to sell merchandise since Wild Apricot does not currently offer an integrated online store. (For instructions on using third-party providers to set up an online store, see Setting up an online store.)
Purchases made using third-party online stores will not be recorded in your Wild Apricot database.
You can insert code to display a PayPal button into a content gadget or custom HTML gadget on a page or page template.
To add a PayPal button to a page or page template on your Wild Apricot site, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- Click the Create button link.
- Choose the type of button you want to add.
- Enter the item details and customize your button using the options provided.
- Click Create button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select and copy the button code.
- In Wild Apricot, go to Site pages (under the Website tab) and add a custom HTML gadget to the page or page template where you want the button to appear.
- Hover over the custom HTML gadget then click the Settings icon.
- Within the settings panel on the left, click the Edit code button.
- In the code window that appears, paste the button code and click Save.
- Click the Save button to save the changes to your page.
The PayPal button should now appear on your site page.