• Enabling guest registration
• Online guest registration
• Manually adding guests
• Automatically adding guests to contact database
• Viewing guest registrations
• Emailing guests
• Searching for guests
• Modifying or deleting guest registrations
• Exporting guest registration information
You can enable guest registrations so that registrants can register other people at the same time that they submit their own registration.
You can choose to collect full or partial registration information for each guest, or just ask for the total number of guests. You can also choose whether to charge a special guest price for the event or just use the base price. Depending on the option you choose for each event, the guest can be automatically added to your contact database.
Each guest registration will count towards the registration limit for the event.
Even if you do not enable guest registrations, one person can register and pay for multiple attendees. To register multiple attendees, return to the event registration page after confirming each registration but before paying. Whether a visitor can register multiple times under their own email address depends on the Disable multiple registrations for the same contact option that appears for each event on the Registration types & settings tab.
Enabling guest registration
You can enable guest registrations separately for each registration type you set up for an event. In this way, you can set some registration types to allow guest registrations and others not to.
To enable guest registrations, click the Allow guest registrations checkbox while setting up the registration type.
With guest registrations enabled, you can now decide how much information you want to collect about the guests. You have the following options:
- Only collect total number of guests
The registrant will only be asked to enter the number of guests they want to bring to the event.
- Collect contact information for each guest
The registrant will be asked to enter contact information for each guest using the contact fields you have set up.
- Collect full registration information for each guest
Each guest will be required to complete the full registration form. This includes any extra cost fields that may be associated with the registration form.
You can also set the Guest pricing for the event. You have the following options:
- Base price
Guests are charged the same amount as the main registrant.
- Special guest price
Guests are charged the price you choose. The main registrant will still be charged the base price for their own registration.
You can also limit the number of guests that each registrant can bring.
Online guest registration
Depending on which guest registration option you've chosen, there are different ways to record guest registrations as part of the event registration.
Only collect total number of guests
At the bottom of the registration form, there is a Guests registration section. The registrant can enter the number of guests he or she wants to bring to the event.
If there is a limit on the number of guests that each registrant can bring, then a dropdown appears displaying the possible number.
On the payment confirmation screen, registrants will see their own price as well as the total price for all their guests.
Collect contact information for each guest
After filing out their registration form, the registrant will have the ability to either finish their registration, or they can register a guest by clicking the Add guest button within the Guests registration section at the bottom.
A form will appear where they can fill in the contact information for the guest.
After each guest has been registered, the registrant has the option of either completing the registration process or adding another guest.
Once the guest limit is reached, the Add guest button will be disabled.
Collect full registration information for each guest
After filing out their registration form, the registrant will have the ability to either finish their registration, or they can register a guest. After they click the Add guest button, a full event registration form appears for the guest. It will include any extra cost fields that appear on the registration form for the main registrant.
Any extra cost items chosen will be added to the guest's event registration details and the main registrant's invoice.
Once the guest limit is reached, the Add guest button will be disabled.
Editing and completing guest registrations
Each time the registrant adds another guest, they will see a summary of all the guests they have entered. Within the list, they can modify or remove each of their guests.
After the registrant clicks the Done button, they will a summary of their registration, including any guests they have registered.
The registrant will be invoiced the full amount for themselves and their guests, and they are responsible for the entire payment. The invoice for the event registration will contain items detailing the price and extra cost for each guest registered.
Manually adding guests
Administrators can manually add guests to existing event registrations.
To manually add a guest to an event registration, follow these steps:
- Hover over the Events menu and select the Event list option.
- Click the event within the list.
- Click the Registrants & invitees link.
- Click the row showing the event registration you want to add guests to, but don't click the name of the registrant.
- If the registration type used for this registration is set up to only collect the number of guests, then click the Edit button and adjust the number of guests displayed at the bottom of the registration.
- If the registration type is set up to collect contact information or full registration information, click the Add guest button.
- To add an existing contact as a guest, click the Select existing contact button. To add someone not in your contact database as a guest, complete the event registration form.
- Click Save to save your changes to the event registration.
You can add as many guests as you want, even in excess of the overall event registration limit. Depending on the Guest registration setting that appears on the event details (see below), guests can be automatically added to your contact database (thereby counting towards your contact database limit).
Automatically adding guests to contact database
Within the event details for each event, you can control whether guests are automatically added to your contact database.
The following options are available:
- Do not add new guests to contacts list
Guests will not be added to your contact database even if they provide contact details or complete the registration form.
- Add new guests to contacts list only if email entered
Guests will be added to your contact database only if they provide an email address.
- Add all new guests to contacts list
Guests will be added to your contact database even if they do not provide an email address.
With either of the last two options enabled, guests will be added to the contact database when the main registrant clicks the Confirm button to confirm the registration.
Existing contacts added as guests will have their registrations automatically added to their records.
Viewing guest registrations
The attendees list shows all registrants including their guests. If information is collected for their guests, then the names of their guests will be displayed.
To view the registration details for a guest, click the name of the guest within the attendees list.
Guests and their registration details are also displayed on the Event registration fields report.
Guests – whether added to your contact database or not – will be included in manual email blasts to event registrants, but not scheduled event reminders.
You can email guests separately by performing an advanced contact search using the Registered as search criteria (see below for details).
You can also control whether guests receive event registration emails, along with registrants and the event organizer. The option to control who receives event registration emails appears on the Emails tab for each event.
Searching for guests
You can search for all guests registered for any event, or just guests registered for a particular event. From your search results, you can send an email blast to the guests, and save the search for future use.
To search for guests, follow these steps:
- Hover over the Contacts menu and select the Advanced search option.
- If you want to search for guests registered for a particular event, click the Add criteria button and chose the Registered for specific event(s) option then click OK. Otherwise, jump to step 4.
- Click the Select button and choose the event(s) you want to search.
- Click the Add criteria button and chose the Registered as option then click OK.
- Within the Registered as entry, click the Guest option.
- To save the search for future use, enter a search name then click Save. Otherwise, click Search.
Once you have your search results, you can:
- Send an email blast to the guests by clicking the Email contacts button.
- Export the results to a spreadsheet by clicking the Export button.
- Archive the guests by clicking the Archive contacts in this list button.
- View individual contact details by clicking on contacts within the list, then use the Prev and Next button to browse through other contact records in the list.
Modifying or deleting guest registrations
If you are collecting contact information or complete registration information for guests, you can modify or delete the guest registrations. Guests for whom information is collected will be listed at the bottom of the main registration record, and on the event attendees list. To modify or delete the guest registration, click the guest's name.
On the next screen, you can click the Edit button to modify the guest registration, or click the Delete guest button to delete the guest registration.
Exporting guest registration information
You can export the current list of registrants – along with their guests and registration information – by clicking the Export registrants button. The number of guests for each main registrant will be listed in the Guest registrations column. For each guest, their host or main registrant is listed in the Linked registration column.