SHOW ME (4:15)
iATS Payments provides an online payment processing service exclusively for non-profit organizations. Using iATS, you can accept online credit card payments on your Wild Apricot website. Before you can integrate your Wild Apricot site with iATS, you must have an iATS Payments account.
Support for iATS is being provided without full testing in a live environment. During this initial implementation – the beta release – certain features such as recurring payments and automatic refunds will not be supported. For more information, see What does "beta" mean?.
Paying using iATS Payments
Once you've integrated your iATS Payments account with your Wild Apricot site, visitors to your site can pay online for membership fees and event registrations, and make donations.
When a visitor fills out an integrated online form on your Wild Apricot website (e.g. membership application or event registration) and chooses to pay online, they will be directed to a secure Wild Apricot payment form to make the payment.
On the form, they fill out their credit card details and their billing information, then click the Pay button to complete the payment.
After the payment is processed, the visitor is returned to the Invoices and payments tab on their member profile, where an invoice will appear, along with a payment entry, if the payment was successful.
For security reasons, credit card information is not stored in Wild Apricot. Instead, it is securely transmitted to iATS where it is processed. iATS then returns the status of the payment transaction, which is recorded in your Wild Apricot transaction details.
Integrating your iATS Payments account with Wild Apricot
Before you can set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments through iATS, you must have an iATS Payments merchant account.
To qualify for an iATS Payments merchant account, your organization must be a registered nonprofit and will be required to provide the following documentation:
- Confirmation of your tax-exempt status with the IRS or CRA
- Verification of a bank account for deposits with a pre-printed void cheque
- Financial statements to confirm your current and past financial history
If you want to test how your iATS account integrates with Wild Apricot, you can switch your iATS account to test mode within your iATS account settings.
What you need to get started
To integrate your iATS Payments account with Wild Apricot, you will need your client code and your password. Your client code and password are sent to you by iATS when your merchant account is activated.
Payment settings for iATS
Once you have an iATS Payments account, follow these steps to integrate iATS into your Wild Apricot site:
- Under the Settings menu, click Finances.
- From the Finances settings screen, click Payment settings.
- On the Payment settings screen, click the Edit button.
- Click the Payment system drop-down list and select iATS (beta).
- In the Client code field, enter your iATS client code.
- Enter your account password.
- Indicate whether your merchant account is located in the USA, UK, or Canada.
- Select the credit card types you want to accept. (These should match what you have set up in your iATS account.)
- Click Validate account to make sure your iATS account details are valid.
If the account validation fails, check to make sure you entered the account details properly.
- Click the Default country drop-down list and select the country where the majority of your visitors reside. Your selection will appear as the default country to your customers.
- Select the currency you want to use in your transactions.
Note: Do not change the currency after your site begins accepting online payments. If you change the currency, existing payment records will not be recalculated and will no longer display correct amounts.
- In the Instructions fields, add payment instructions to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Save changes.
Now that you have set up your Wild Apricot site to receive online payments, a Pay online button will appear after a visitor to your site clicks the Confirm button while applying for membership or registering for an event.
Recurring payments are supported by iATS but are not supported by Wild Apricot for this payment system.