SHOW ME (4:48)
Global Payments provides an online payment processing service called Global Transport that allows you to accept online credit card payments on your website. Before you can integrate your Wild Apricot site with Global Payments, you must have a Global Payments account.
Support for Global Payments is being provided without full testing in a live environment. During this initial implementation – the beta release – certain features such as automatic refunds will not be supported. For more information, see What does "beta" mean?
Paying using Global Payments
Once you've integrated your Global Payments account with your Wild Apricot site, visitors to your site can pay online for membership fees and event registrations, and make donations.
When a visitor fills out an integrated online form on your Wild Apricot website (e.g. membership application or event registration) and chooses to pay online, they will be redirected to a Global Payments payment screen to make the payment.
On the Global Payments payment screen, they fill out their credit card information then click the Submit button to complete the transaction.
After the payment is processed, the visitor is returned to the Invoices and payments tab on their member profile, where an invoice will appear, along with a payment entry, if the payment was successful.
For security reasons, credit card information is not stored in Wild Apricot. Instead, Global Payments receives and processes the payment details, then returns the status of the payment transaction, which is recorded in your Wild Apricot transaction details.
Setting up your Global Payments account
Instructions for third-party payment systems are provided as a courtesy and may contain out of date information or screen clips. For the latest instructions, consult the payment provider's website.
Before you can set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments through Global Payments, you must have a Global Payments account.
As part of the process of setting up your Global Payments account, you need to board your Wild Apricot website onto the Global Transport Secure eCommerce Boarding site.
While setting up your Global Payments account, be sure to add payments.wildapricot.com to your list of authorized websites.
Integrating your Global Payments account with Wild Apricot
Once you've set up your Global Payments account, you can integrate it into your Wild Apricot site.
What you need to get started
To integrate your Global Payments account with Wild Apricot, you will need your profile ID and your API token.
Your profile ID and API token are displayed to you when you activate your Global Transport profile.
Payment settings for Global Payments
To integrate your Global Payments account into your Wild Apricot site, follow these steps:
- Under the Settings menu, click Finances.
- From the Finances settings screen, click Payment settings.
- On the Payment settings screen, click the Edit button.
- Click the Payment system drop-down list and select Global Payments (beta).
- If you want to begin accepting online payments immediately, click the Live radio button. If you want to test your settings using test or sandbox accounts provided by your payment provider, click the Test/Sandbox radio button. While in test mode, your payment provider will accept or decline your test transactions as it would live transactions, but will not charge any credit cards or update any bank accounts. Wild Apricot will, however, create payment records and update Wild Apricot balances as it would with live transactions. For more information, see Live vs. test/sandbox modes.
- In the Profile ID field, enter your Global Transport profile ID.
- Click the Language drop-down and select the language to be used on the payment screen.
- Enter your account's API token.
- Select the credit card types you want to accept. (These should match what you have set up in your Global Payments account.)
- Click Validate account to make sure your account details are valid.
If the account validation fails, check to make sure you entered the account details properly.
- Click the Default country drop-down list and select the country where the majority of your visitors reside. Your selection will appear as the default country to your customers.
- Select the currency you want to use in your transactions.
Note: Do not change the currency after your site begins accepting online payments. If you change the currency, existing payment records will not be recalculated and will no longer display correct amounts.
- In the Instructions fields, add payment instructions to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Save changes.
Now that you have set up your Wild Apricot site to receive online payments, a Pay online button will appear after a visitor to your site clicks the Confirm button while applying for membership or registering for an event.
Recurring payments are not supported by Global Payments.