Wild Apricot offers a number of online self-service functions for your members and other contacts, including the ability for each contact to view their financial history, as well as the ability to pay for one or more invoices online.
Displaying invoices and payments
To display their invoices and payments, a person in your contact database follows these steps:
- Logs into your Wild Apricot site, from a computer or mobile device.
- Clicks the View profile link, or – depending on your website theme – their name which may appear in place of the View profile link.
- Clicks the Invoices and payments link.
Viewing invoice details
Any record on Invoices and payments tab can be opened and reviewed in detail.
For example, to review registration information for an event, they click the corresponding invoice to view the details.
From invoice details, click on Event registration link to see the specifics of past event registration.
You can customize the details page for invoices, payments, refunds, and donations by modifying the Financial document system page.
Paying open invoices
Invoices with open balances (unpaid or partially paid) will be shown at the top of the Invoices and payments screen.
From here, they can select one or more outstanding invoices then click the appropriate button to make the payment. They can also select and apply any unused account credits to the net amount.
Recurring membership fees have to be paid separately from other invoices.
Invoices can be generated in several ways, such as:
- after completing a transaction
- event registration and/or
- membership application or renewal.
Paying once for multiple transactions
If a visitor is registering for multiple events, or joining as a member and registering for an event at the same time, they can make a single payment for the multiple transactions.
If you want visitors to be able to join as a member and immediately sign up for events using member-only registration types, uncheck both options under Membership application review on the New applications tab for the appropriate membership levels. The options to leave unchecked are: Membership applications must be approved by an administrator and Payment has to be received in full before membership is activated.
To avoid paying separately for each transaction, they should follow these steps:
- For each transaction except the final one, click the Invoice me button rather than the Pay online button.
- For the final transaction, click the Pay online button and all the transactions will be combined into a single payment.