The themes in the new Fiesta theme set are fully responsive and mobile friendly. This version supersedes the non-responsive versions that was released earlier and is now being deprecated.
The Fiesta theme set is part of a series of themes designed for business and trade associations. Though designed with food service organizations in mind, Fiesta themes can be used by any type of organization, particularly if you want to take advantage of its responsiveness, its color schemes, or its theme-specific functionality (see below).
Themes within the theme set
The Fiesta theme set consists of the following website themes:
Surf 'n' Turf
The Fiesta theme set is based on the Simple theme set – which consists of the Clean Lines, White Space, and Dark Impact themes – while expanding and improving upon it.
Within the Fiesta theme set, placeholders – used to define the areas within page templates where content can be placed – feature drop shadows for a clean yet dramatic effect.
For a more modern look, we chose OpenSans as the base font for this theme set, and built our design around it.
By default, responsiveness is enabled in Fiesta themes. You can, however, disable the responsive behavior using theme overrides.
With responsiveness enabled, gadgets will be stacked within a single column on mobile devices, and resized to match the device's screen width. A mobile version of the site menu will be displayed, with a limit of 3 levels in total (main menu plus 2 submenu levels). Only horizontal menus are available for responsive themes.
To disable responsive behavior within Fiesta themes, follow these steps:
- Enable theme overrides (if you have not done so already).
- Click the link to download the theme files.
- Unzip the theme files to a location of your choice on your computer or network.
- Using a text editor, open the layout.less file from the Styles folder.
- Replace the following lines...
@state2-minwidth: 600px; @state2-maxwidth: 959px; @state3-maxwidth: 616px;
@state2-minwidth: 0px; @state2-maxwidth: 0px; @state3-maxwidth: 0px;
- Upload the modified layout.less file to the Styles theme folder on your site via File management or WebDAV.
- Click the Rebuild theme button on the Theme overrides screen.
The site will now appear the same regardless of device size.
Fiesta themes provide theme-specific functionality, including:
- Secondary menu gadget
- Ability to hide the Remember me and Forgot password labels within log in form gadgets, and control whether the email and password labels appear within the entry fields, or outside them
- Sticky placeholder to create a non-scrolling area at the top of the page or within the sidebar – perfect for sticky menus
- New button style to display a link as a round button
- Font Awesome iconic font set for adding icons you can easily size and color
- Background color setting for functional buttons appearing on system gadgets and singular gadgets – e.g. Post, Next, Cancel, Register, Confirm
Customizing Fiesta themes
From the Colors and styles screen, you can customize the colors, fonts, styles, and backgrounds of various elements that appear throughout your site. When customizing the colors and styles of Fiesta themes, you can customize elements within each gadget, including upcoming events gadgets, recent blog posts gadgets, and forum updates gadgets.
You can also customize Fiesta themes using CSS and theme overrides.