Your contact database can store both individual member records and membership records for companies and other organizations.
There are two ways you can store memberships records for companies and other organizations:
- create a single member record for the organization – similar to that of an individual member, just with different fields filled out.
- create a membership bundle so that multiple people within a particular organization can join as a group.
With a membership bundle, the fee is paid as a group fee, and renewal is processed for the entire group. Each bundle is administered by a bundle administrator, and individual members within the bundle have their own separate profiles (and can log in and receive emails separately). For more information on setting up a membership bundles, see Membership bundles .
To set up a membership record for an organization, follow these steps:
- Set up a special membership level for organizations (e.g. Partner).
- Create a new member record.
- Complete the Organization and Email fields, and leave the First name and Last Name fields blank.
- Assign the new member record to the special membership level you set up for organizations.
- Click the Save to save the new member record.