Page headers and footers form part of to page templates, which form the basis of individual pages.
Within a page template, the page header is simply the content that appears at the top of the template and thereby, the top of each page that is based on it.
Within a page template, the page footer is simply the content that appears at the bottom of the template and thereby, the bottom of each page that is based on it.
To modify the page header or page footer within a page template, follow these steps:
- Click the Page templates option under the Website menu.
- Within the list of templates on the left, click the template you want to modify. The selected template will appear on the right.
- Click the Edit button.
- To add elements to the page header or footer, click the Gadgets button, then drag and drop a gadget from the list into layout cells or placeholders at the top or bottom of the template, or above or below existing layouts and gadgets. If you want to add text and graphics, use a content gadget. Placeholders define the areas within a page template where layouts and gadgets can appear. A layout can be used to divide a page in sections consisting of multiple columns.
- To delete an existing gadget, position your pointer over the gadget then click the Trash icon.
- To move a gadget, position your pointer over the gadget, then drag the Move icon to the new location.
- To modify dynamic gadgets, like menu gadgets and login gadgets, hover over the gadget and click the Settings icon. From the gadget settings, you can control the appearance and behavior of the gadget.
- To modify content gadgets – displaying custom content such as text, graphics, etc. – position your pointer over a content gadget then click anywhere within the gadget.
- Using the content editor that appears, you can add or modify the content within the content gadget.
- Once you are finished modifying the page template, click Save. Any changes made to a template are automatically applied to all pages that are based on that template.