You can merge data from two contact records, so that one record with the combined data remains active and the other record is archived.
To merge two records, follow these steps:
- Go to the Contacts module and display one of the two contact records – it doesn't matter which.
- With the one record open, click the Merge button towards the top.
- From the window that appears, select the other contact to be merged then click Next.
- Choose which contact record you want to keep active. The other record will be merged into the active record then archived.
- Type the word MERGE into the field provided then click the Merge button.
Once the records are merged, a confirmation message will appear.
Note: The following information is not copied from the record being archived: