Suspending a member removes their membership, converting them into a non-member contact.
Suspending a member will:
- Remove the membership so that the member become a non-member contact
- Hide them from any member directory
- Keep an archive of their membership level and status
- Keep all their contact information as it was before (e.g. you can still send emails to this person)
Since suspended members are non-member contacts, they continue to count against your account's contact database limit.
A suspended member – now a regular contact – can apply for membership like anyone else.
To suspend a membership, follow these steps:
- Display the member's contact details.
- Click the Membership tab.
- Click the Suspend button.
- Click OK to confirm.
If, at a later date, you wish to reinstate a suspended member, you can click on the Resume button within their membership tab. This will reactivate them to their previous membership level with all their details intact.