To make a contact an administrator, you grant them full or partial administrative privileges, using the following steps:
- Hover over the Contacts menu and select the List option.
- Display the contact record of the contact to be granted admin access.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the Login details heading.
- From the Login settings screen, choose the access privileges to be granted to the contact.
- Click the Save button.
You can choose from the following options:
No administrative privileges
Select this option to remove admin access for existing administrators.
Account administrator (Full access)
Grants full access to all administrative functions. Take care when granting this level of access since full admins can delete other admins and even the entire site.
Account administrator (Read-only access)
Allows viewing of nearly everything in the admin backend without being able to make any changes.
Provides administrative access to selected Wild Apricot modules. Use this option if you have dedicated personnel in charge of events, memberships, editing webpages, or managing donations. With this option selected, you can limit access to one of the following roles:
- Membership manager – can create new contacts, modify all existing ones
- Event manager – can create and manage all events
- Donations manager – can manage all donations
- Website editor – can modify your website pages. With this option selected, you can provide access to all pages on your site or to selected pages. When you grant access to a page, you automatically grant access to all of its child or sub pages.
When a contact is granted administrator privileges, an email is sent to the contact with links to more information about managing Wild Apricot sites.