To delete a single contact, you start by archiving the contact record. An archived record can restored at a later date, unlike a deleted record.
To archive a single contact record, display the contact record then click the Archive button. With the record archived, you can now delete it by clicking the Delete button. You will be asked to confirm your request to delete the record. Click OK to proceed with the deletion. Instead of deleting the archived record, you can restore it by clicking the Restore from archive button.
You can archive multiple contacts either from your contacts list or through importing. Once archived, you can delete all the archived records.
To archive multiple contacts from your contact list, follow these steps:
- Filter your contact list to display only those contacts you want to archive.
- Click the Archive button.
- Confirm your intention to archive the current list of contacts by typing the word ARCHIVE in the field provided then clicking the OK button.
To archive multiple contacts through importing, use the following procedure:
- Export the contacts you want to archive to a spreadsheet.
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel and set the Archived column to Yes.
- Import the spreadsheet.
Note: You cannot archive a contact through import if the contact has recurring payments enabled. You must first cancel the recurring payments.
To delete all archived contacts in your Wild Apricot database, follow these steps:
- Hover over the Dashboard menu and select the Account option.
- From the Account screen, click the Delete all contacts button.
- Under Contacts to delete, click Archived only.
- You will be asked to confirm your request to delete the selected records. Click OK to proceed with the deletion.